Here are highlights of our 10-year, 7 church plant plan...
Phase 1 - discern
- conceptualize what kind of church
- pray about location
- let God open/close doors
- form vision for project
- begin fundraising
Phase 2 - form
May 2008-Jan 2009
- develop relationships with neighbors and in the community
- share vision with these people & ask them to be a part
- hold parties and events for the purpose of inviting and getting to know people
- develop projects & groups for purpose of developing and building a core of 50-75 adults by launch (1/11/2009)
Phase 3 - plan premiere
Aug 2008-Feb 2009
- delegate tasks and roles to team
- develop modest leadership/creative teams
- Preview Service: Christmas Eve Under the Stars
- Premier Services - Jan 11-Feb1 (special activities each Sunday)
Phase 4 - develop
- train members in community, hospitality, & evangelism through “Infuse” (see infusionchurch.tv/infuse).
- develop lead teams and groups that are makeup of church
- expand Prosper Project ministry into next target launch area
- children & student ministries
Phase 5 - multiply
- Matt & partner leader will develop team to begin similar work in another N. SD Co. city while continuing work in Escondido.
Phase 6 - repeat whole process 4-6 times
Have you been sent to do this, or is this your own hairbrained idea?
Re:Gen has asked us to develop this 10-year project, gather and train leaders for it, and see it come to fruition right here in North San Diego County.
This is also not a new idea. There are many churches around the nation and world who are accomplishing a similar vision. God is moving in this way right now, and he has given us a vision and plan for it. Now, we continue to search and pray for the people and resources to move forward.
Where will funding come from for this project?
We will find organizations & people God has called to give physical space and fund this project. Personal fundraising & grant requests will be important to the work of this project. 10% of all given in these new churches will be designated to planting.
Where will people come from to get involved?
We will send out teams of people from our planted congregations and draw people from our social circles, neighborhoods, workplaces, and other churches who desire to join in.